Tuesday, April 14, 2009

looking for the great escape

This morning I woke up at 10am (I went to sleep around 3am) and felt like I couldn't get out of bed. I kept thinking about how I had work in the afternoon, so I just wanted to lay still and freeze time. 

I haven't been studying my Hebrew lately, which really has been getting to me. Its funny how the things you really dont feel like doing end up making you happy once you actually start doing it. I brought a sheet of paper with me that has the sounds of all of the Hebrew letters with me to the gym, so I began to memorize them as I was on the elliptical.

I went to work at 3pm and throughout the day I would try reading the signs in Hebrew and ask Peter (who I walked around with a lot today. Hes kind of like Daniel #2) if I was sounding everything right. Its hard here because they dont use the vowels so you can only tell what the sound is by the word, but since I don't know the words I always end up sounding like I am a 2 year old Israeli baby that can't speak.

Tonight there was a dinner for about 400 of the hotel guests to celebrate the 7th day of passover. Nothing very exciting happened except that a lot of the guests were from the States. I always feel so excited to say "HELLO" in my thick California accent and bond over being a foreigner together. Tomorrow is another dinner and on Thursday there is a cocktail event for the richest man in Israel. 

Its almost 2:30am here. I can never seem to go to sleep before 2am which results in me sleeping in late. grrr.

lyla tov.


No comments:

Post a Comment