Monday, February 16, 2009

Tel Aviv

I am in Tel Aviv! Finally! I have been at the airport for almost 4 hours now hanging out with Rachel and 3 other Career Israel participants that we met on the plane. I feel pretty out of it, but I am also itching to get out into the city. A few thoughts after spending 4 hours here...

1. The lattes are amazing 
2. I feel rude saying "thank you" but I also feel a bit strange saying "toda"--as if I am posing. 
3. I wish I had rented a cell phone before I got here.
4. Being in Israel, even in just the airport, has me feeling a mix of being at home and also a foreigner trying to fit in. Its a tug back and forth.

Anywho, we are going to leave the airport now and take the Nesher to Jerusalem. This should be VERY interesting with all of our bags.

1 comment:

  1. 1) Soy latte?
    2) Hum, that will pass
    3) Its like we have ESPN or something.
    4) Embrace both.

    ReplyDelete