Friday, May 15, 2009

days and life

since daniel was so gracious to give me the night off, i was able to go out to dinner and celebrate my mom's birthday! below is a picture of her and i are dinner when her surprise dessert came out. we went to an outdoor patio restaurant in neve tzedek. it was so charming and beautiful that night. we had a long dinner and arrived back at the hotel around 12:30. We just so happened to run into daniel at the elevators so he took the 3 of us, wine happy people, downstairs to see the russian 50th birthday party. it was a great set up-- HUGE red curtain formed into a circle to create a warmth within the ballroom and some crazy israeli singer was running around the dance floor entertaining everyone.


I had to wake up at 7:30 to get to work. today was a brit milah celebration for one of the head of events at the hotel. the picture once again doesn't show the room as it should be shown. the lighting in the room is a light blue throughout so it gave this trendy, new age feel.


I felt half asleep almost all day and i kept trying to escape up to my mom's room. the first task of the day was putting some chair covers over the chairs, then i met my mom and dave at the breakfast buffet, then i walked with some waiters to bring flowers up to the reception area, then i went up to my mom's room for a little, then i cut 20 limes for the mojitos at the event, then i talked to daniel, then i talked to peter, etc etc. around 1pm i went back up to my moms room and took a 20 minute power nap. my work ethic today was truly extraordinary. 

After work my mom and i went to the artist's fair, hung out at my apt while i got ready for dinner then went back to the hotel (and i had my first fight with a cab driver because he went the long way but barely spoke any english. he called me crazy in sign language and i tried being assertive and confidant with the little hebrew i know).

We went to dinner tonight to mike's place which is a very american bar and then went across the street to one of my favorite beach bars for mojitos. 





our night on the beach was so relaxing and fun. 

so tired and throat hurts.

must sleep now.

lyla tov.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't Mike' Place the one we went to? Same with the beach bar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yep! you got it. its like a 15 min. walk from my apt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! I wish I could come visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh ME TOO. please please pleaseee come :)

    ReplyDelete