Sunday, May 3, 2009

I've Been Out Walking...These Days....These Days....

I went to the french store to buy the dress, tried it on and it wasnt that great. As i was walking out of the dressing room the sales woman was carrying one around and i knew i had to try it on. It fit perfectly, it was different, it was sexy, it was classy, it was everything i have ever wanted in a dress. Of course, i go into the store to buy one dress and come out with another that was slightly more expensive. I now need to find a cocktail party to go to...if only there wasn't a lack of men to date in israel. im going to take a picture of me in the dress soon to post. 

after dress shopping rachel, mia and i went out for a great lunch at a little cafe down the street. Heres Mia and I....


After that we went to the shuk for some last minute food shopping and to get some gummies (which mia is obsessed with). look at this mound of beautiful gumminess...

on thursday i went back to work after a week off due to being sick. work was fine and i shadowed peter (who is my age) most of the time since daniel is away for three weeks on vacation. peter knew i had been really sick so i was able to sit down most of the time and just hang out. the only event was a georgian bar mitzvah. georgian bar mitzvah=an extremely loud band with a singer that looks like he walked out of 1979, bad outfits, and barely anyone dancing on the dance floor but drinking a lot at their tables.

That night Zo, Alex, Adam, and I went to a club in the namal (the port) to go dancing.  



On Friday, the girls and I went to our regular spot for shakshuka, then talia and i went to the shuk to get some food for shabbat. I actually learned how to bake eggplant that night (this is huge considering i typically turn on the oven or stove once a year). We had shabbat dinner with the guys upstairs. it was a wonderful, long dinner and by the time we were finished it was already past 1am. we played poker for a little bit, but i was exhausted so i came back downstairs and fell asleep.

The next day we played volleyball on the beach. I must say that I really hate volleyball, which I already knew because I remember playing it in PE in middle school and high school and how much it hurt my wrists. Most of the time when the ball came to me I just stood there and put out my wrists but I wouldnt really go for it and then yell that I was scared or "sorry, i knew should have gotten that one". It felt great to be on the court though haha. I think I'll stick to soccer next week.

That night Rachel's parents (who were visiting for the week) took the girls and I out to an AMAZING dinner at a restaurant called Manta Ray that is on the tayelet. To be around parents was one of the most comforting feelings. In a way it felt really grounding and it brings you back to reality. It's as if you feel the parental, family love again in your present moment instead of trying to obtain it over the phone, or email, which is never as satisfying as you want it to be. The night was really amazing.

After dinner we all walked back to the apt together along the tayelet. Around 1am Mia, Talia and I decided to go to this wine bar that is a few streets down from us. The wine bar is very NYC and I have found that nothing beats going out for a late night drink with girlfriends here. I met a guy there I really like as well, and he asked for my number (he owns the bar...what luck). Who knows if he will call since dating seems to be non existent for the most part in Israel, but it was a nice refresher.

Tomorrow I am volunteering in the morning for 2 hours, then working in the afternoon and into the evening. I feel like I am hurriedly typing away at what has happened this past week instead of taking the time to explain my feelings, but its almost 2am and I have to wake up early tomorrow.

Next post I really want to write about how I view life differently after living here.

Time for sleep

lyla tov

No comments:

Post a Comment